A compendium of questions from the Top10 FAQ, the FAQ for teachers, the FAQ for students, the Mini guides and the Cookbook
Top10 FAQ1. Where have all My courses gone?
2. Where has the block gone?
3. Why is the block empty?
4. Why can't Students access the course?
5. Why does Moodle want me to enrol?
6. How can I change my name and/or email address?
7. How do I authenticate?
8. What Moodles are there at HUJI?
9. Why has Moodle changed color?
10. I have a problem. Who should I contact?
FAQ for teachers1. How do I assign a role?
6. How do I ensure that English displays correctly when viewed in Hebrew mode? (and vice versa)
7. Can students submit Assignments in groups?
8. Why can't I change a particular grade in some activity?
9. Is there any difference between roles Teacher and TA?
10. When can I begin checking an assignment?
11. How do I avoid HTML tags in Gradebook Quick feedback and Assignment Feedback comments
12. Why can't a student post to a forum?
13. A student must fix his assignment. Should I Revert the submission to draftor Allow another attempt?
14. How can I test my course?
15. Should I use the Calculated or Calculated simple question type?
17. Can multiple graders work offline simultaneously?
18. How can a student make private contact with the teacher/s?
19. Can graders be prevented from seeing names of students?
21. Where do I configure Guest access and Self enrolment?
22. Why can't a student submit a file to an assignment?
23. What is limited by the Maximum upload size in the course settings?
24. Can a Student be a TA or Grader or edit the course?
25. Is there an autosave feature?
26. Is there an alternative to the Embedded answers (Cloze) and Combined question types?
27. Can attendance be taken automatically?
28. Can I combine the best of the Assignment and the Workshop?
29. Can a question take a negative grade?
30. Can a Database entry be targeted to a particular user?
31. How can I allow students to view each other's work after a given date?
32. How do I copy h5p activities between instances of Moodle?
34. Extensions are granted automatically in EXAM Moodle. Why not in HUJI Moodle?
35. What is Support for Moadim?
FAQ for students1. How can I remove a course from the list of My courses?
2. How can I know if there is a new forum post?
3. How can I be alerted to calendar events?
4. How do I use the Moodle Mobile app?
5. What if Moodle stops responding in the middle of an exam?
Access miniguide1. Who can access my course?
2. How do I make my course available?
3. Who is a Student in the course?
4. Is Guest access allowed?
5. Can I prevent guests accessing a particular section or item?
6. Can I restrict access to a section or item in other ways?
Roles miniguide1. What roles can I assign?
2. What is the difference between an Enrolled user (aka Participant) and an Other user (aka Assigned user or Hidden user)?
3. What is the difference between Teacher, TA and Coordinator?
4. What is the X-ray eyes role?
5. What are the Restricted and Very restricted roles?
6. What is the difference between a Guest and a Visitor?
7. What is the Utility user role?
8. Is there any difference between a Grader with the secondary role of Editing and a Teacher?
9. What are Enrolment methods?
10. Does it make any difference whether a user's Enrolment method is Self, Manual or Auto?
11. So what is the Enrolment method of Guest access?
12. What role information is taken from the Shnaton and Minhal Talmidim?
13. I'm trying to assign a role. Why do I get No users match?
Assignment miniguide1. What is the difference between Due date and Cut-off date?
2. Can a student change his submission?
3. How can I allow students to submit after the Cut-off date?
4. What is the Late penalty?
5. What is the difference between Submission comments and Online text?
6. How best should students communicate with graders?
7. The task is offline. Shouldn't I just use the Gradebook?
8. How can I hide feedback and grades until all submissions are graded?
9. Can I prevent students seeing which grader graded their submissions?
10. Can multiple graders work offline simultaneously?
11. What is Marking workflow and Marking allocation?
12. Can graders be prevented from seeing names of students?
13. What is Blind marking?
14. How can I decide who is notified when Notify graders about submissions or Notify graders about late submissions is set?
15. What are submission attempts?
16. What are Marking guides and Rubrics?
17. How can Students submit in groups?
18. I find the PDF editor difficult to use. Is there an alternative?
19. How can I speed up...?
...Launch PDF editor...?
...Upload multiple feedback files in a zip?
20. How can I quickly set grades depending only on whether students submitted?
21. What is the difference between User overrides and Grant extension?
Forum miniguide1. What is the News forum?
2. What is subscription?
3. Who can read or post to a forum?
4. What is Read tracking?
5. Can one post anonymously?
6. What types of forum are available?
7. Can one restrict a discussion to members of just one group?
8. Can one check for new posts and unread posts at a glance?
9. I don't want to be sent my own posts. What should I do?
10. How does one find...?
11. What other options are there in the regular forum?
12. What other options are there in ForumNg?
Gradebook miniguide1. What is grade Aggregation?
2. What is grade Calculation?
3. When should I use grade Calculation rather than Aggregation?
4. Where can I find examples of grade Calculation?
5. Where do I configure a category's Aggregation or Calculation?
6. Why should I use grade categories?
7. In most courses there is more than one Moed. Is there a simple solution?
8. Is there any difference between an empty grade and a grade of zero?
9. How can one exempt a student from a grade item?
10. What is Extra credit?
11. What are Scales?
12. What are Letters?
13. Can I use a letter for just some of the grades?
14. Can I simply mark an item e.g. as
15. How can I automatically ensure that a student gets an overall Fail grade...?
...If he does not pass everything?
...If he does not have a grade on any item considered compulsory
16. How can I...?
...Move a grade item or category?
...Narrow the Grader report?
17. What is on page...?
...Course grade settings?
...Preferences: Grader report?
...are some grades highlighted in yellow
...can I no longer change a student's grade in some activity?
...can I no longer change a student's grade in both the activity and the Gradebook
...can a student not see his grade?
19. How do I...?
...enter a grade?
...override a grade?
...unoverride a grade?
...hide a grade?
...exclude a grade?
...lock a grade?
20. How do I import grades?
...from EXAM Moodle
...from CSE CourseAdmin
EXAM Moodle miniguide1. What is EXAM Moodle?
2. How is EXAM Moodle different to regular Moodle?
3. What is meant by an active exam?
4. What is meant by current time and location?
5. What is exam
6. How is the EXAM Moodle login page different?
7. How is the EXAM Moodle course different?
8. How are EXAM Moodle roles different to HUJI Moodle roles?
9. What are the HelpDesk role and HelpDesk tool?
10. How is the EXAM Moodle Exam settings different to regular Quiz settings?
11. How is the EXAM Moodle Edit exam different to regular Edit quiz?
12. How are the EXAM Moodle Group override and User override pages different?
13. How is the EXAM Moodle main view different?
14. How is the EXAM Moodle Grades report different?
15. How is EXAM Moodle Statistics report different?
16. How is the EXAM Moodle Manual grading report different?
17. What is the EXAM Moodle Security report?
18. What is the EXAM Moodle Access report?
19. How is the EXAM Moodle exam
20. How is the EXAM Moodle exam
21. How is the EXAM Moodle question settings different?
22. What facilities are there for communicating with students during an exam?
23. The Announcements/Chats page
24. How are the Extension and Audition roles assigned?
25. What facilities are there for Helpdesk users and Invigilators?
1. The Today's exams page
2. The Helpdesk tool
3. The BYOD Entry/Exit app
26. How can I...?
...Know what exams there are today, or over some other period of time, or what exams are currently open?
...Know what exams a particular student has today, or over some other period of time?
...Understand why a student is being rejected when he tries to get into his exam
...Quickly give a time extension to a student during an exam or shortly after it?
...Quickly allow a student to start an exam after the Time delay has lapsed?
...Do a sanity check on my Gang questions?
...Check if there are any external links in the exam
...Check if there are any external links or audio files in any exams in a course, course category, or the system
...View all autosaves for a particular exam attempt and question
...Stress test EXAM Moodle
...Extend all active attempts, or attempts that were active a short while previously
27. How can I import grades from EXAM Moodle into HUJI Moodle?
28. What is a BYOD exam?
29. What is SEB?
30. How do I require students to use SEB
31. What is SEB with HUJI configuration?
32. Does requiring SEB with HUJI configuration provide sufficient security for BYOD exams?
33. How can one ensure that students do not take a BYOD exam some place else?
34. How can I prevent students allowing a remote agent to control their laptops?
35. What if some students will be taking the exam on workstations and others on their own laptops?
36. Why can't a student do his exam?
37. What if a student has more than one exam?
38. What if Max questions to grade is set and a disqualified question is graded?
39. How can I use EXAM Moodle to enable students to take regular pen-and-paper exams remotely?
40. How can I use the Assignment PDF editor on files uploaded to Essays?
41. How can I prevent a particular student from reviewing his exam?
42. What demo exams are available?
43. How can I see the detailed history of an attempt?
44. Is it possible for students to access their own files during an exam?
45. How do I authenticate to EXAM Moodle?
Quiz miniguide1. What are Ganged questions and Chained questions?
2. How do Ganged questions work?
3. How do Chained questions work?
4. How can I duplicate a Quiz, including all its questions?
General recipes1. How do I allow guests to access my course?
2. My course is currently unavailable. How can I let a particular student access it?
3. How do I send a message to several users?
4. How can I record attendance through the semester?
5. How do I grade Attendance?
Users and Groups recipes1. How can I list ID numbers of students
2. How can I create a Group?
3. How can I group students randomly?
4. How can I tailor an activity by group?
5. How do I randomly assign students to groups?
Gradebook recipes1. How do I enter grades in the Gradebook?
2. How do I submit grades to GR?
3. How do I submit Pass/Fail grades to GR?
4. How can one remove an item from the student's view of the Gradebook?
EXAM Moodle recipes1. How do I use EXAM Moodle for Assignments?
2. Can Students chat with me during an exam?
3. Can I alert Students to a problem that arises during the exam?
4. How can I add a block to an exam?
5. How can I use the Assignment PDF editor to grade an exam?
6. How can I use TomaGrade to grade an exam?
7. How can I alert students to an unexpected problem with some question during an exam
Assignment recipes1. I have some scanned files. How can I use the Assignment for grading them?
2. Students submitted zip files to an Assignment. How can I use the Assignment PDF editor to grade them?
3. How can I randomly allocate submissions to different graders
4. What is Marking workflow?
Quiz recipes1. How can I not shuffle the first question?
2. How can I allow a choice of questions to answer
3. How can I know which questions students have already answered?
Editor recipes1. How do I prevent a large gap when hitting <Enter>?
Last modified: Monday, 27 March 2023, 10:26